I’ve updated Monkey Island Explorer to fix a problem with the SFX sounds on Monkey Island 2. Many of them were not decoding correctly. Many thanks to ‘MadKraut’ on Twitter for letting me know about the issue.
Download it here.
I’ve updated the EMI Launcher and Setup programs to fix two bugs. The resolution patch in the launcher now works correctly for the German version and an uninstall issue has been corrected in the setup.
Many thanks to Stefan Mueller for finding and identifying fixes for the bugs.
Telltale Music Extractor hasn’t been updated in a year so I’ve released a new version.
It adds support for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, Episode 1 of Batman: The Enemy Within, Episodes 1 and 2 of Guardians of the Galaxy and Episodes 1 and 2 of Minecraft Story Mode Season 2.
I’ve added skeleton support for the unreleased episodes of Batman, Guardians and Minecraft. So they should work when released without me needing to update the program.
I’ve just uploaded a new version of USB Disk Ejector.
This release fixes inconsistencies with its handling of memory cards, changes the ‘bring to front’ hotkey so its a show/hide toggle and adds a /EJECTCARD switch to let you eject memory cards from the command line.
The full list of changes can be seen in the readme.
Download it here.
There was a problem with the last version of DoubleFine Explorer – some files in Full Throttle Remastered weren’t dumped correctly.
I’ve now fixed this, many thanks to Nor Treblig for spotting the error.
Over the years many brilliant tools have been created and many of these used to be hosted on Lucashacks. Unfortunately, during one of Mixnmojo’s many catastrophes Lucashacks was lost, the SCUMM Revisited website went with it and recently Lucasforums disappeared too.
This means that there’s lots of information and tools that have disappeared from the internet. In an effort to fix this I’ve created The Vault – a section on this site where I’m hosting all the SCUMM/Lucasarts tools that have disappeared. I’ve uploaded 27 tools today and there’s still more to add.
Just to make it clear – none of these tools were written by me – they are hosted here for posterity.
Visit The Vault and have a look.
I’ve just released a game on the Google Play Store. Its a remake of a classic Amiga game by Tom Kuhn that I’ve always loved.
I always told myself that if and when I made a game – the first one would be an Atoms remake. I’m really pleased with how it turned out and although its missing some elements (like a tutorial) it works well and keeps me and my friends entertained. Its written using Corona SDK which I like because its cross-platform, has lots of useful documentation and uses Lua – which I’ve enjoyed programming with.
While working on it I realised that Telltale Explorer is now more than 10 years old. The first version was made in 2006 and the fact that I’ve continued to update it for so long is preposterous and deeply scary. Originally it worked on the two games available – Out From Boneville and Telltale Texas Holdem, it now supports 25 games and has some ridiculously complicated code just to deal with so many different versions and file formats. If I’d thought about it I could have released this version it as a ‘special anniversary edition’ or something. Oh well.
It doesn’t seem like it, but its been a rather terrifying 5 years since the last release of USB Disk Ejector.
Version 184.108.40.206 adds an option to use the escape key to minimize the window, fixes problems with some rare drives that don’t have a mountpoint and stops compressing with UPX. The changes are described in more detail in the readme.
Download it here.