I forgot to include the new annotation files in the latest release of Telltale Speech Extractor.
I’ve now fixed this so if you downloaded it please get it again. Many thanks to Shaymix for letting me know about the problem.
Sources suggest that the final two episodes of The Walking Dead Season 4 may yet be completed. If that happens then I’ll update the programs.
Soon when I get time I’ll also release a new version of Telltale Explorer and upload my Telltale decoding library to Github.
The end of Telltale and the shoddy way its employees were laid off is incredibly sad and an unworthy ending to a company that made some fantastic games.
A few days ago I released Thimbleweed Park Explorer and said that pull requests and fixes were welcome. I wasn’t actually expecting any – in the last 15 years there’s only been a few times that people have actually contributed code.
However the wonderfully named NorTreblig contributed a host of fixes and improvements that made a new release necessary. Thanks to them this new release:
Download it here.
I’ve just released a new program Thimbleweed Park Explorer. Like my other explorer programs it lets you view, extract and convert resources from the game.
The format of the resource files changed slightly in the various updates the game received so it’ll only work with the latest version. Currently thats version 1421.958 (you can see the version in the bottom right of the options screen).
Download it here.
I wasn’t planning to make an explorer tool for Thimbleweed Park but I wanted to relearn C# and needed a test project. The source is on my Github, there are 3 filetypes that I haven’t had time to decode so pull requests and fixes are welcome.
I’ve updated the EMI Launcher and Setup programs to fix two bugs. The resolution patch in the launcher now works correctly for the German version and an uninstall issue has been corrected in the setup.
Many thanks to Stefan Mueller for finding and identifying fixes for the bugs.
Telltale Music Extractor hasn’t been updated in a year so I’ve released a new version.
It adds support for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, Episode 1 of Batman: The Enemy Within, Episodes 1 and 2 of Guardians of the Galaxy and Episodes 1 and 2 of Minecraft Story Mode Season 2.
I’ve added skeleton support for the unreleased episodes of Batman, Guardians and Minecraft. So they should work when released without me needing to update the program.
I’ve just uploaded a new version of USB Disk Ejector.
This release fixes inconsistencies with its handling of memory cards, changes the ‘bring to front’ hotkey so its a show/hide toggle and adds a /EJECTCARD switch to let you eject memory cards from the command line.
The full list of changes can be seen in the readme.
Download it here.
There was a problem with the last version of DoubleFine Explorer – some files in Full Throttle Remastered weren’t dumped correctly.
I’ve now fixed this, many thanks to Nor Treblig for spotting the error.
Over the years many brilliant tools have been created and many of these used to be hosted on Lucashacks. Unfortunately, during one of Mixnmojo’s many catastrophes Lucashacks was lost, the SCUMM Revisited website went with it and recently Lucasforums disappeared too.
This means that there’s lots of information and tools that have disappeared from the internet. In an effort to fix this I’ve created The Vault – a section on this site where I’m hosting all the SCUMM/Lucasarts tools that have disappeared. I’ve uploaded 27 tools today and there’s still more to add.
Just to make it clear – none of these tools were written by me – they are hosted here for posterity.
Visit The Vault and have a look.
I’ve just released a game on the Google Play Store. Its a remake of a classic Amiga game by Tom Kuhn that I’ve always loved.
I always told myself that if and when I made a game – the first one would be an Atoms remake. I’m really pleased with how it turned out and although its missing some elements (like a tutorial) it works well and keeps me and my friends entertained. Its written using Corona SDK which I like because its cross-platform, has lots of useful documentation and uses Lua – which I’ve enjoyed programming with.