DoubleFine Explorer and Telltale Music Extractor Updated

I’ve updated DoubleFine Explorer to add support for Broken Age. Music, images, text and scripts are viewable and dumpable.

I’ve also updated Telltale Music Extractor to add support for The Walking Dead 400 Days, The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 1 and The Wolf Among Us Episode Two. I’ve cleaned and reworked the source code a bit in this version (the program is 8 years old) so please let me know if I broke anything. In addition, I’ve added support for the remainder of the episodes of The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us. Assuming that the file format and naming convention remain the same – new episodes should work without me needing to update the program

Download them here.

New program – DoubleFine Explorer

Recently someone asked me to make a quick file extractor for the excellent game The Cave. I thought it’d be fairly easy but….it wasn’t. I eventually got it working, made a few tweaks to add support for other Double Fine games that use the same engine and when Brutal Legend was unexpectedly released for pc – I found it worked for that too. A few people have requested the program, so I’ve given it the necessary polish and today sees the first release of DoubleFine Explorer.

It works in much the same way as my other explorer tools and enables you to extract, view and convert resources from all games by Double Fine that use the Buddah engine (that’s all games released since Psychonauts). Images, music, scripts, csv data and text are all viewable and dumpable.

It works with Costume Quest, Stacking, Iron Brigade, The Cave and Brutal Legend.

Download it here.

Goodbye Mojo, Hello Self-Hosting.

After being hosted by Mixnmojo for nearly 9 years I’ve finally bought a domain and started to pay for hosting myself. The old quickandeasysoftware.net address now redirects to quickandeasysoftware.net. The old address should continue to work but you should probably update your bookmarks and rss to point to the new domain.

Many thanks to Mojo for hosting the site for all these years and to Jake, Remi and Zaarin for their help with it over that time.

As the site is now self-hosted donations would be appreciated more than ever. So if you’re one of those people who pesters me for months to update my software please consider donating.

Telltale Tools Updated. Speech, Music and Explorer.

After an unusually large number of emails asking me to update my Telltale tools, I’m finally doing so.  Telltale Music Extractor and Telltale Speech Extractor now support all episodes of The Walking Dead and have stopped using the dll files that some antivirus programs incorrectly flagged as a virus.

Telltale Explorer has also been updated to support Hector Badge of Carnage and Jurassic Park (remember that only games that are at least a year old are supported in this tool).

Download them here.

Telltale Tools Updated Again

After much pestering via email I’m releasing new versions of my Telltale tools.

Support for  Law & Order Legacies and The Walking Dead Episodes 1 + 2 has been added to Telltale Music Extractor and Telltale Speech Extractor now supports these games plus Jurassic Park.

Telltale Explorer has also been updated to support Puzzle Agent 2, CSI Fatal Conspiracy, Poker Night At The Inventory and Back To The Future (remember that only games that are at least a year old are supported in this tool).

Download them here.

Site back up

Mixnmojo.com (my host) has had its annual downtime and a server move. Everything should be more or less back to normal now but there may still be a few bits of the site that are wonky. I should have any remaining problems sorted within the next few days.

USB Disk Ejector 1.3.0.1 – A bugfix

A small update to USB Disk Ejector today to fix a bug with the last version. If you hovered the mouse over the program when there was no drives inserted it would create an error. Many thanks to Bruce Lightfoot for spotting this.

Download it here.

USB Disk Ejector 1.3 Released!

After 3 years and 6 beta versions I’m finally releasing a new stable version of USB Disk Ejector.

I cant begin to put a number on how many hours I’ve spent working on this. Its now a much more comprehensive program than the old version – there are tons of new features and its much more flexible and configurable.

Please see the readme for the full list of changes and make sure you read the “Upgrading From Previous Versions” section.

Some of the most important changes are:

  • Full card reader and memory card support. You can now eject media, show/hide card readers, hide empty card readers and even define drives as card readers.
  • Mountpoint support. All detection and ejecting is done using mountpoints rather than drive letters, this means that drives mounted in a folder like this are supported.
  • Options window added – options can now be easily set and saved. There are now many settings that can be configured and customised.
  • Much better notifications:
    • Uses balloon hints in the taskbar for notifications instead of a messagebox
    • Much better detection and explanation of the reasons for a failed eject
    • Now notifies (via a balloon hint) when an eject is successful
  • Support for Firewire disks.
  • Big changes to drive detection and ejection code – stops the freezing that could sometimes happen with the old version when trying to eject some types of drive.

 

Huge thanks to all the people who’ve tested it and suggested features. Please spread the word about this new version.

Download it here.