[Edit – Beta 5 is now released – see here]
After a huge amount of work, I’m now releasing Beta 4 of USB Disk Ejector. There are many changes since the last beta and barring any show-stopping bugs this version should become the final release.
I would be extremely grateful if people could test this and report their experiences in the comments below.
Please read this first:
This beta is considered fully-functional – i.e. everything should work. There have been many changes since the last beta, but here are the main ones:
- Command line switches have been fixed and changed. Some have been added and some removed. Available command line switches are:
- /? – shows all command line switches
- /NOSAVE – Any changes made to options are not saved, no cfg file will be created. But if theres USB_Disk_Eject.cfg in the path then options will be read from it. Useful in situations where the app is running from a read only location and wont be able to save its changes to a cfg file, or if you’re giving people controlled access to the app and don’t want them changing any options.
- /REMOVETHIS – Ejects the drive that the program is running from. Eg if the program is run from a usb stick on drive G then drive G would be ejected.
- /REMOVELABEL – Ejects the drive with the specified label. Partial label matching is possible if a wildcard (*) is used. Eg /REMOVELABEL *BEN would eject a drive that had Ben in its label (eg Ben’s Pen Drive).
- /REMOVELETTER – Ejects the drive with the specified drive letter.
- /REMOVEMOUNTPOINT – Ejects the drive with the specified mountpoint.
- /REMOVENAME – Ejects the drive with the specified name. Partial name matching is possible if a wildcard (*) is used. Eg /REMOVENAME *SANDISK would eject a drive that had Sandisk in its name.
- Rewritten options dialog – should be much clearer.
- Docking option – to keep app snapped to a corner of the screen.
- Improved communication – the app uses balloon hints to communicate with the user by default. However if balloonhints arent available it will use a messagebox instead – the messagebox will automatically close after 5 seconds.
- Audio notification option – to allow sounds indicating a successful or failed ejection.
- Hotkeys now work correctly and more hotkey actions such as ejecting by drive label and mountpoint are available.
Things that wont work in this beta:
Card reader support is disabled. Ejecting a card reader will eject the device not the card in this beta. I’ll be looking into card reader support again once I’ve got the next stable release done.
Windows 2000 support may be broken. I’ve tried my best to ensure that the new features support Windows 2000 but this may not be the case. I don’t have 2000 to be able to test this.
[Edit] I’ve updated the download with a new build that wont show most card readers. If you downloaded the app before this message appeared please redownload it.