[Update] USB Disk Ejector Beta 2 has now been released, click here for more information.
I’m continuing to work on USB Disk Ejector when I get time. This post is just to let people know where I’m up to and keep you all informed.
I’ve added many fixes and features since the last beta, these include:
- Detecting card readers
- Allowing card media to be ejected without the USB device itself being ejected
- Better notifications for successful and unsuccessful removal
- Automatically closing explorer windows for the drive (helpful in Vista)
- Closing programs running from the drive (nicely or brute-force)
- Proper firewire support
- Window autosizing
- Window positioning fixes
- Miscellaneous other tweaks.
At the moment I’m fixing bugs and making sure that the new features all work correctly. Once that’s done I’ll release beta 2. My intention now is to release beta versions as often as I can. If I again find that I’m unable to work on the program for a long time, people will still be able to try the new features, without having to wait for a full stable version.
You can see a screenshot of the current build below, the icons are likely to change as I cant identify the author of the card reader icon to request permission to include it.