Day 6 brings the last of the launcher and setup programs.
Escape From Monkey Island Launcher has been updated to version 1.5. The resolution patch has been reworked to make it much faster, the 6 different language versions of EMI are now better supported and Vista/64 bit Windows support has been added. The full list of changes can be seen below:
New in version 1.5:
- Resolution patch reworked: It’s now much faster. On most systems it will only take 1 or 2 seconds to apply – compared to 30 seconds in previous versions.
- Added support for the 6 different language versions of EMI: The launcher will now download and install the appropriate patch when prompted. Previously only the English patch was supported.
- Added features from the original Lucasarts launcher. Added buttons to switch between Direct3D/OpenGL and 16 bit/32 bit colour. The original launcher now wont run on some systems so it was necessary to include these features.
- Cosmetic changes: Interface redesigned, text and icons made clearer, changed the launcher images.
- Vista compatibility: The launcher now automatically prompts to run as administrator when its started, the program icon now includes all sizes up to 256×256.
- Fixed a small memory leak.
- Now uses the excellent EMI icon created by Thanius.
- 64 bit versions of Windows are now officially supported. The launcher has been tested on XP64 and Vista64.
- Old versions of Windows are no longer officially supported. Versions before XP (95/98/ME/2000) should be fine but the launcher hasn’t been tested with them.
Download it here.
Escape From Monkey Island Setup is a new tool. Its a replacement installer (setup program) for Escape From Monkey Island. The installer that comes with the game can be problematic with newer versions of Windows and refuses to work at all on 64 bit Windows. This installer doesn’t have those problems and comes with the above-mentioned Escape From Monkey Island Launcher.
Download it here.