Announcing version 1.1 of Psychonauts Explorer. A lot of development time has gone into this release, the most important changes are:
- Now uses a new audio decoder created by John Doe. As a result:
- The xbox audio codec is no longer needed. Audio files are now dumped to normal wav files.
- Every audio file in the pc version now plays correctly as do 99% of those in the xbox version.
- You can now view/save the artwork and textures from each level. (Look inside the .ppf level files).
- Fixed problems with the Xbox version – the previous release didnt work correctly with the .ppf and .pkg files. This was due to a silly mistake on my part.
- Added ‘raw dumping’ for xbox audio files – it was accidentally left out of the last release.
Get it here.
6 thoughts on “Psychonauts Explorer 1.1”
So are we ever going to get a PS2 explorer? Just curious.
I dont know anyone with the ps2 version unfortunately, so at the moment its unlikely, simply because I cant have a look at the datafiles.
Having said that, its possible that the PS2 version may work. I would expect the resource files to be very similar to the pc and xbox versions. Someone needs to try it and let me know.
I stand corrected. A friend has lent me his copy and the PS2 version wont work at the moment. It looks like all the files are inside a big .pak file.
At the moment I cant extract this, but I’ll keep trying and support for the PS2 version may appear at some point in the future 🙂
Let us know when you figure out how to extract them, they wont open in pakbuilder or pakman.
I loved this game. Still play it after all these years!
Comments are closed.