Monkey Island Explorer 0.4 is now available. This version adds support for playing and dumping the audio from both games (music, voice and sfx) and introduces annotation support (this allows for more descriptive filenames in the audio).
Since this is the first non-beta release of the program I should describe what it does. As the name suggests, its an explorer tool for Monkey Island 1 Special Edition and Monkey Island 2 Special Edition.
It does the following:
- Lets you browse through the game’s files and dump individual files/all files.
- Lets you play and dump the audio (music, speech and sfx).
- Displays the images as you browse and lets you save them as PNG’s or DDS files (for editing)
- Displays the txt, fx and csv text as you browse through the files.
- Together with my Monkey Island Image Converter it forms part of a toolset that enables you to edit the images and put them back into the games (eg to create the much talked about ‘hair patch’).
Download it here.