What is ScummVM ToolBox?:
A program that adds a friendly, quick and easy frontend to the ScummVM command line tools (the additional tools that are included with the windows daily builds). These tools let you compress the audio and video files in many games, extract the datafiles from certain games and decompile scripts from SCUMM games, the Legend of Kyrandia and Broken Sword 2.
- Uses a simple wizard interface that everyone should find easy to use.
- Provides clear, step-by-step instructions.
- Automatically downloads and unpacks the ScummVM Tools - the user doesnt have to do anything but run the program.
- Manages temp files and cleanes them up automatically if a tool fails.
- Moves completed files to an area that you specify.
- Includes the necessary encoding tools such as lame and oggenc.
What do I need to run it? :
You'll need the .NET framework 2.0 (you'll probably have this by now, if not just go to windows update and get it from there).
Many thanks to :
- If you cancel when compressing .BUN or .SAN files the tempfiles arent deleted, this is because the BUN and SAN compression tools work differently to the others. I should be able to fix this soon.
- SAGA - I dont have any SAGA games so I dont know what the output files from compress_saga are named.
- Decompile scripts - I dont have any Broken Sword 2 or Legend of Kyrandia scripts to try this with so these tasks are untested.
- Decompile scripts - the file extension for Broken Sword 2 and Kyra scripts might not be .dmp - I've just assumed it is because thats the extension that dumped SCUMM scripts use.
- Extraction tools - support for these isnt added yet because I dont possess the obscure games that they support.
Jimmi Thøgersen (Serge`) for help with some C# problems.
Talk to me on irc in #monkey-island on Gamesurge
Ask in the MixnMojo help forum