Thimbleweed Park Explorer
By Bennyboy and Jan Frederick
New in this version (0.5.1):
- Bugfix release, audio couldnt be played because a dll didnt get packaged with the program. This is now fixed.
New in the previous version (0.5):
- Added support for Return to Monkey Island.
- Renamed from Thimbleweed Park Explorer to Dinky Explorer as its now dealing with multiple games from the Dinky engine.
- Added support for the wimpy and animation JSON files in Thimbleweed Park.
What is Dinky Explorer?:
An explorer tool for the excellent games Return to Monkey Island, Thimbleweed Park and the Delores mini-adventure.
It does the following:
- Lets you browse through the game's files and dump individual files/all files.
- Lets you play and dump the audio.
- Lets you view and save the images.
- Lets you view and save the scripts. Decompiling them if necessary.
- Lets you edit the functions in the Return to MI weird.dink script and create/apply patch files to modify it.
- Decodes and displays various other filetypes as you browse through the files.
What versions are supported?:
The games are available for different platforms but its only been fully tested on the windows versions.
How to use it:
- Click Open and browse to a game folder. Choose one of the resource files.
If the game is Return to Monkey Island the game will extract the decryption keys from the exe file. If it cant automatically find this file then it'll prompt you to browse and choose it.
- Click Save File to save a file. Different options will appear here depending on the type of file you've selected.
- Click Save All Files to save all files. Different options will be available here depending on the type of files available in the currently open resource file.
Filtering the files:
- Click on the View button to show a list of all the different file types, selecting one of these changes the view so that only these file types are visible.
- To reset the view and show all files, click the button again and click View All Files.
Searching the files:
- To search just type in the search box. Searching ignores any filter that you've used. I.e. the view will be reset to 'All Files'. The search looks in file names and is an 'instant search' - the search happens as you type.
- To reset the view either delete the text in the search box or click the View button and select View all files.
Many thanks to mstr- the bundle decoding in this program is based on his twp-ggdump tool.
Everyone at Terrible Toybox for making such great games.
NorTreblig for his contributions including supporting older versions of the game and fixing a variety of bugs.
Jan Frederick who did a huge amount of work on adding support for Return to Monkey Island including decompilation and patching of the script files.
All source code is on my GitHub.
This program and its source is released under the terms of the Mozilla Public License v. 2.0.
All my software is completely free. If you find this program useful please consider making a donation. This can be done on my website.